Strawberries and Cosmetics: they go hand in hand!
If your family is anything like ours, we love picking strawberries and come home with so much more than we can eat! So what else can you do with them besides eat, preserve, bake or make into a smoothie? How about a facial mask! Do you know, that strawberries have amazing cosmetic properties?
Due to the high content of fruit acids in strawberries, they have an amazing peeling effect and are recommended for contaminated skin and to assist in removing blackheads. When strawberries are put into a mask, they help to narrows the pores, making it great for people with oily skin. Also, because of its whitening qualities it is able to remove pigment spots from the face.
Here are some other great benefits of this mighty berry!
- Have teenagers at home? This is a great mask for those fighting acne. Strawberries have pronounced anti-inflammatory qualities and therefore prevent the spread of acne.
- A strawberry mask can nourish dry skin by replenishing essential vitamins and minerals back into the skin.
- Strawberries smooths and tightens the skin, preventing the appearance of wrinkles due to the content of copper which contributes to the production of collagen.
- Strawberries also simultaneously nourish, moisturize, soothe, and brighten the skin. What fruit can boast such a wide range of action?
Here some easy DIY recipes to get the benefits of those luscious red berries:
Universal strawberry mask. This mask will suit absolutely any woman who wants to refresh her face and give it a healthy shining look. For a one application, you will need one large berry (or several medium) and 1 tbps. of heavy cream. Mash the strawberries and then combine them with cream. Apply on the face and neck with a cotton disc. Wait until it dries, then rinse with warm water.
- For aging skin the recipe is extremely simple: blend handful of berries and liberally apply the mass to the face, wait about half an hour, then rinse with lurker-warm water.
- Got wrinkles? Try this easy recipe. Squeeze out the strawberry juice from a handful of strawberries and carefully beat it with chilled egg white. Apply the mixture to the skin and let it dry completely, then rinse with warm water. The effect is stunning! With its regular use you may find your wrinkles disappearing!